• It's our birthday!

Thank you to all our members and donors for supporting us for since 1999.

3.58 gpa, 516 mcat, help with school list!

About the Ads

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
  1. Attending Physician
    I suggest these schools with your stats:
    Utah
    TCU-UNT
    Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson)
    Kaiser
    California University
    Colorado
    Vermont
    Tufts
    Quinnipiac
    New York Medical College
    Hofstra
    Penn State
    Drexel
    Temple
    Jefferson
    Georgetown
    George Washington
    Seton Hall
    Wake Forest
    Eastern Virginia
    NOVA MD
    Oakland Beaumont
    Western Michigan
    Wayne State
    Medical College Wisconsin
    Loyola
    Rosalind Franklin
    Creighton
    Tulane

Reactions: 1 users

DokterMom

7+ Year Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    1. Non-Student
      WAIT! --- Seriously.

Don't apply this cycle because your chances will be SO MUCH BETTER if you can apply as an IS resident.

Take this year to get a job (or buy real estate - necessary to qualify as IS) and take the classes you're missing. Then apply next year when your odds of a cheap instate acceptance go up dramatically. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by applying before you're ready.

DokterMom

7+ Year Member
      Mar 1, 2013
      1. Non-Student
        Honestly, I stopped reading after the 3.5something GPA, missing classes and 516 MCAT and "just moved to TX" -- One thing many applicants don't actually look at until later in the process is the estimated cost of attendance. This is one area where TX can't be beat. If I'm not mistaken, tuition is still <$20,000 and cost of living is inexpensive. When you pay your own way via loans, this matters, so qualifying as in-state is something you should bear in mind.

After reading the whole thing I would NOT say that your chances are sub-optimal other than for TX schools that are - 90% by law - enormously biased toward in-state applicants.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
        10+ Year Member
        Verified Expert
        Jun 11, 2010
        Somewhere west of St. Louis
        1. Non-Student
          Honestly, I stopped reading after the 3.5something GPA, missing classes and 516 MCAT and "just moved to TX" -- One thing many applicants don't actually look at until later in the process is the estimated cost of attendance. This is one area where TX can't be beat. If I'm not mistaken, tuition is still <$20,000 and cost of living is inexpensive. When you pay your own way via loans, this matters, so qualifying as in-state is something you should bear in mind.

After reading the whole thing I would NOT say that your chances are sub-optimal other than for TX schools that are - 90% by law - enormously biased toward in-state applicants.
          I agree with the wise Mom. Wait a year and then apply to the TX schools. Skip Baylor and UTX SW.

Reactions: 1 user
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.