3.58cGPA, 3.55sGPA, 512 MCAT, School List Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deforestasian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ah, thank you! Do you have any recommendations on any to take off/replace with others?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello again!
I revised my list after going through MSAR for a while, any suggestions?

UCSF
UCD
Northstate University
UCSD
UCLA
UCR
UCI
UoA (tuscon)
Albany Medical College
Hofstra North Shore
New York Medical College
George Washington U
Drexel University
Lewis Katz
Thomas Jefferson University
Penn State
The Commonwealth
Virginia Tech
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Virginia Commonwealth U
Rosalind Franklin University
Loyola
Quinnipiac

Thank you in advance!

You have a good list. You could add schools such as Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan, St. Louis, Creighton, Tulane, Medical College Wisconsin and Roseman (new school accepting applications sometime this year).

Hey all!

Just wanted to update my post with how this past cycle turned out for me, now that its pretty much over.

In total, I received 7 interviews out of my list above, 5 of which were in February or later. I ultimately ended up with 1 acceptance (in April), 1 rejection, and 5 waitlists.

Hopefully this info helps anyone who is now where I was a year ago! I really think my school list was well targeted given my stats and experiences, and SDN was super helpful in making that list, (obv interviewing could use some work but still) so I hope this helps others in making their lists.

Feel free to message me if you have similar stats and want more info on how the cycle went. It was quite the wild ride, but it ultimately worked out!

Good luck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all!

Just wanted to update my post with how this past cycle turned out for me, now that its pretty much over.

In total, I received 7 interviews out of my list above, 5 of which were in February or later. I ultimately ended up with 1 acceptance (in April), 1 rejection, and 5 waitlists.

Hopefully this info helps anyone who is now where I was a year ago! I really think my school list was well targeted given my stats and experiences, and SDN was super helpful in making that list, (obv interviewing could use some work but still) so I hope this helps others in making their lists.

Feel free to message me if you have similar stats and want more info on how the cycle went. It was quite the wild ride, but it ultimately worked out!

Good luck to everyone applying!
To help others in your position in the future...where were your interviews, acceptance, and waitlists?

I was interviewed at:

Loyola (Interviewed February, Accepted in April)
VTC (Interviewed November, put on hold, rejected in May)
EVMS (Interviewed December, waitlisted)
Quinnipiac (Interviewed end of February, waitlisted)
Jefferson (End of February, waitlisted)
TCMC (End of february, waitlisted)
CNU (Mid April, waitlisted)

I received a lot of these interviews after sending in updates and a few in the area requests, so for my situation I think they helped.

Hope this info is helpful!

I was interviewed at:

Loyola (Interviewed February, Accepted in April)
VTC (Interviewed November, put on hold, rejected in May)
EVMS (Interviewed December, waitlisted)
Quinnipiac (Interviewed end of February, waitlisted)
Jefferson (End of February, waitlisted)
TCMC (End of february, waitlisted)
CNU (Mid April, waitlisted)

I received a lot of these interviews after sending in updates and a few in the area requests, so for my situation I think they helped.

Hope this info is helpful!

Congrats! did you receive secondaries at the UC schools you applied to?

Any thoughts on how you could improve interviewing?

To be quite honest, I don't know why I was put on so many waitlists. I think I might come off as slightly awkward, but no idea for sure. I personally felt I was not good at MMIs, even though I practiced a lot. I think some of it has to do with interviewing pretty late in the game as well, and I just didn't interview well enough for being later on. Generally I feel I'm a pretty mediocre interviewee, which didn't get me up high enough to get a lot of outright acceptances. It was a pretty humbling experience, that's for sure! But I did get my one acceptance so I am really happy that it worked out.

To be quite honest, I don't know why I was put on so many waitlists. I think I might come off as slightly awkward, but no idea for sure. I personally felt I was not good at MMIs, even though I practiced a lot. I think some of it has to do with interviewing pretty late in the game as well, and I just didn't interview well enough for being later on. Generally I feel I'm a pretty mediocre interviewee, which didn't get me up high enough to get a lot of outright acceptances. It was a pretty humbling experience, that's for sure! But I did get my one acceptance so I am really happy that it worked out.
Gotcha, some of that makes sense, especially the late interview part. Happy that you got accepted to Loyola, best of luck to you in school!