3.6 cgpa, 3.4 sgpa, 509, female, black (URM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhSoExquisite_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
509 = ~30 on the old scale.
LizzyM= ~66

Even as a URM I think Top 20s are going to be reaches for you. Aim for the mid-tiers though and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
You gotta realize how competitive top 20 schools are in general.

It's worth applying in your shoes you have a shot at being competitive; its not worth creating some sort of expectations about them and look at this cycle as top 20 or bust for you

Members don't see this ad :)
We can't say for sure how you will fare at top 20s, the URM factor can distort stats on this. Your best approach would be to apply to ~10-15 realistic choices (state schools, low tiers, HBCUs, mid tiers) and then add any top schools you want.

ECs seem to be in order; top 20s like research so if you can increase that it would be nice.

In general I think you have a great shot at getting into an MD school.

509 = ~30 on the old scale.
LizzyM= ~66

Even as a URM I think Top 20s are going to be reaches for you. Aim for the mid-tiers though and you'll be fine.
I'm lizzyM under 65 and I got several interviews all with top 20 schools. Apply to where you want to go and let things work themselves out. Don't let your mentality limit your future. You are amazing, reach for the stars. You deserve it.

Reactions: 1 users