3.6 cgpa 3.48 sgpa 511 Mcat. What are my MD chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulMD1996

Reaction score
I am applying next cycle and just took my mcat in August. I got a 511 pretty even across all sections.

Caucasian Male
Cgpa- 3.6
Sgpa- 3.48

Resident: NV

Decent ECs including several poster presentations at state and national conferences. One possible publication on the way.

Multiple leadership roles in local church group and in community service roles. Also team lead over my research team focusing on membrane proteins. All of these have been for over 1 year.

250+ hours of clinical volunteering between ED and low income clinic

300+ hours in various non clinical volunteer roles with mentally handicapped and soup kitchen for elderly as well as teaching English in a 3rd world country for an extended period of time.

60 shadowing hours with 20 being from local primary care physician. Good letters of recommendation from professors and doctors I was close with and did research with.

What are my chances at getting into MD school?

Looking to Apply to my state schools, and to maybe 20 other out of state schools
Here’s a tentative list:

UNR
UNLV
U Toledo
U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
Wayne State
MCW
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Georgetown
Emory
Tulane
Loyola
Netter
Oakland-B
Western MI
Seton Hall

What are my chances of getting interviews at these schools??

@Goro @Faha

Members don't see this ad.

UNR
UNLV
U Toledo
U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
Wayne State
MCW
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Georgetown
Emory
Tulane
Loyola
Netter
Oakland-B
Western MI
Seton Hall
@Goro @Faha

Chances fine at all except Emory. Suggest adding a few DO schools, like Western, TUNCOM and AZCOM.
Also consider CalMed and Nova MD

How much do my chances of getting interview invites improve with an upward trend? I had a 3.65 My junior year in mostly upper level sciences and a 3.9 my senior year in almost exclusively upper level sciences.