Quantcast

3.6 cGPA/3.5 sGPA, 35 MCAT, complete late Aug, should I add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RikaN

Reaction score
orm, top 10 university alum, 3.6 cGPA/3.5 sGPA, 35 on MCAT (12BS, 12PS, 11V). AMCAS verified late August, complete at most schools around then, but some not till mid-September. OR resident. a few major ECs that show passion/continuity- lots of clinical volunteering, some research, ~10 hours of shadowing, and currently doing clinical research during my gap year.

I know it's too early in the game to worry about silence, but I'm starting to worry I might have wasted a TON of money i don't really have in not only failing to apply early but then also applying to too many reach schools anyway and not enough schools where I might actually have a decent shot at getting in (do such schools even exist for me?)-- feedback please? i'd rather consider adding more schools now than belatedly regret not doing so in dec/jan. thank you!

UC Riverside ...no secondary yet:(
UCLA
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF ...no secondary yet:(
USC Keck
University of Colorado
Quinnipiac University
George Washington
Georgetown
Emory
Northwestern
Rush
University of Chicago
University of Illinois
Tulane
Boston University
Tufts
University of Maryland
University of Michigan
Dartmouth
Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein
Columbia
Hofstra North Shore
Mount Sinai
NY Medical College
NYU
Stonybrook
SUNY Downstate
Weill Cornell
Case Western
Drexel
Jefferson
Temple
University of Pittsburgh
Brown
Vanderbilt ...no secondary yet:(
Baylor
OHSU

Last edited:

CyberMaxx

Doing math in pen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey OP, we have the same stats and are applying to 14 of the same schools and were complete at the same time! Can't tell you your chances of course but best of luck, hope to see you at interviews!!