3.6 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 513 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Harambe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry, accidentally posted a reply.

Yes a 513 will make getting IIs at top 20 schools difficult
If your list is basically just schools with a 35+ median MCAT hopefully you live in a decent state

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes a 513 will make getting IIs at top 20 schools difficult
If your list is basically just schools with a 35+ median MCAT hopefully you live in a decent state
I currently live on the East Coast, but my primary residency is in the Midwest. Will that be helpful?

Last edited:
Grapes gave you good advice. I'm just following the theme of your profile by adding this :zip::zip:

harambe-the-gorilla-funny-pictures-08-640x800.jpg

513 is a very modest score for Feinberg. Nobody will know about your college application outcome, much less hold it against you!
Depending on your state of residence, you should be fine, if that is your only MCAT.
Thank you.

Last edited:
I suggest the following (and no, I don't think that you're in striking distance for Northwestern)

U VM
USF Morsani (maybe)
Duke (maybe)
Case (maybe)
Mayo (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.
Your state school(s).
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program, starting with CCOM, MUCOM and DMU

And get more shadowing in. Seeing docs in action in Bolivia is not the same as here. Your Bolivian service might also be viewed as medical tourism by Adcoms.

I suggest the following (and no, I don't think that you're in striking distance for Northwestern)

U VM
USF Morsani (maybe)
Duke (maybe)
Case (maybe)
Mayo (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.
Your state school(s).
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program, starting with CCOM, MUCOM and DMU

And get more shadowing in. Seeing docs in action in Bolivia is not the same as here. Your Bolivian service might also be viewed as medical tourism by Adcoms.

Thank you. School list is finalized, seeing as I've already submitted, but I've included many of those schools.