3.6 cGPA 3.79sGPA (post bacc) MCAT 29 Non Trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FunctionalMed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Went back to school after liberal arts undergrad to change careers to medicine from real estate.
Last 2.5 years have been managing a small OBGYN office full time, getting lots of shadowing and work experience.
Have other shadowing experience, less than 100 hrs and non-medical volunteering.

I applied to MD and DO schools:
NYMC
St Louis SOM
Rosalind Franklin
Drexel
U Miami
Albany College
Tufts
PCOM
PNWU
Western U Pomona
Western U Oregon
Touro U California

I'm really interested in Touro! If anyone has any thoughts on chances that would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Your fine for pretty much any DO school and you can be competitive for your state MD schools. If you apply broadly to lower tier MD schools you might be able to nab some II's as well.

These are the schools where you'll have the best luck:

Temple

Jefferson

Drexel

Quinnipiac

WVU

Rosy Franklin

MCW

SLU

Creighton

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

NYMC

VCU

U VM

EVMS

Oakland-B

Western MI

Rush

Your state school(s).

Any DO school.

Went back to school after liberal arts undergrad to change careers to medicine from real estate.
Last 2.5 years have been managing a small OBGYN office full time, getting lots of shadowing and work experience.
Have other shadowing experience, less than 100 hrs and non-medical volunteering.

I applied to MD and DO schools:
NYMC
St Louis SOM
Rosalind Franklin
Drexel
U Miami
Albany College
Tufts
PCOM
PNWU
Western U Pomona
Western U Oregon
Touro U California

I'm really interested in Touro! If anyone has any thoughts on chances that would be great!