MD 3.60 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA 518 MCAT (130/131/130/127) WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

einherjar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your sGPA brings your application into some question due to the difference between that and your cGPA, however, your MCAT score is very high. I would say that you have a pretty okay shot at some of the mid-tier MD schools and most DO schools. I would take out Brown (low-yield), UPitt, Mayo, and Dartmouth though as they would all be pretty high reaches although its up to you. Your ECs and MCAT are good, its your GPA that is holding you back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot! I'm thinking about taking some cc classes over the summer to help boost the sGPA, do you think that's wise or will adcoms just see right through it?

I feel that it would be better if you take them at your university as adcoms have been around long enough to know all of the ways that people can boost their GPAs. It couldn't hurt if it were in addition to harder science courses taken at your university but I wouldn't advise to take science courses only at a cc

The MCAT is high and you should have some luck at schools like Keck, Hofstra.

UNLV, Wake Forest favor people who have ties to their states.

Brown is really really hard to get into (unless you did your undergrad there).

If you did your undergrad outside of Cali, add some schools from that region.