3.66 cGPA, 3.58 sGPA, 25Q MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medfreak1290

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am writing here in desperation.

I hve a 3.66 cGPA, graduated maude cum laude from the Univ of Albany. I then am now attending Tufts Med for a masters in biomedical sciences. I am currently applying DO all around the country. So far, reject from 2 places, interview then reject at 1, and that's it...

Big red flag on my application: academic dishonesty from physics 2. It's not on my transcript and it did not go to judicial affairs, and I still reported it by being honest, but it's hurting me. I have an acceptance at SGU in the caribbean, should i just go?

I have a 25Q on the MCAT and my EC's are really good, just got published, was an EMT for 3 years in college, and other things as well.

I am open to any and all suggestions. Maybe the MS i am doing right now will help. I hope it does. But at this point, I am losing hope. Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, the carib will be a death sentence by the time you'll be graduating in a four years.

When did you apply? How many DOs did you apply to?

Yeah, I hear you there, which is why I'm scared about that scenario.

I applied beginning of June, which is pretty damn early. I applied to 23 programs, and two of them didn't send me secondaries, probably from screening I bet.

In my opinion, the carib will be a death sentence by the time you'll be graduating in a four years.

When did you apply? How many DOs did you apply to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I am writing here in desperation.
Big red flag on my application: academic dishonesty from physics 2. It's not on my transcript and it did not go to judicial affairs, and I still reported it by being honest, but it's hurting me. I have an acceptance at SGU in the caribbean, should i just go?

Why the hell would you put that on your application if it is not on your transcript. They gave you a warning and you just wasted it.

That's been a common response. It's on my permanent record but not trasncript. Thus, some schools do complete background checks, which will show it. That being said, schools talk, so if one school finds out, I'm completely under the water and have no chances. I try not to be the risk taker, but I just got another interview yesterday, granted it's a bit late in the process. Let's see how it goes.

and im sorry if that came off a bit mean.

I don't have any experience with this, and I don't know if my advice is good because I think most schools are pretty strict on this sort of thing.

Maybe writing a letter of intent to the schools who haven't given out complete rejections and to explain the situation and how immature you were and how you've taken steps to grow from it, and how you'd never ever consider doing dishonorable things again?

Actually, did you try explaining the red flag in your personal statement?

Also, what do other people think?