May 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I am a white female from Illinois.
cGPA: 3.66 (same sGPA)
I am an honors student and I've made Dean's List 3 semesters.
MCAT: 511 (126/125/129/131)
State of residence: Illinois
Major: Bioengineering (at top engineering school)
Clinical Experience: Volunteered in both my local hospital back home and at school in cardio units and ED (200+ hours)
Research: I have been in the same research lab for over three years now on H. pylori infection and the resulting cognitive effects (animal work); I received a fellowship award two years in a row for my research abilities/potential; several presentations/posters (~2500+ hours)
Extracurriculars: Habitat for Humanity (~1000 hours) - vice president next year, fundraising director last year, fundraising chair the year before; vice president of my resident hall sophomore year
Employment: Worked as an IT consultant for the engineering college 1 yr (~18 hours/week); started working at the local Habitat for Humanity as an intern over a year ago (~20 hours/week) - one of the reports I wrote was sent to Habitat for Illinois and they want me to write a report for the entire

I guess I'm mostly just looking for what people think my chances are of getting in to MD and what schools I should apply for.

MD School List:
Drexel
Loyola
NYMC
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
SLU
Sidney Kimmel
SIU
Tufts
Tulane
UIC

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
If you are applying this cycle you need to apply this week and submit all your secondaries by late September. These are additional schools to consider where you have a chance for an interview with your stats:
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
Temple
Quinnipiac
Albany
Penn State
GW
Georgetown
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
I suggest:

U VM
USF Morsani (maybe)
Duke (maybe)
Case (maybe)
Mayo (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Oakland-B
U ILL
SIU ONLY if you're from southern ILL
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program, starting with DMU, CCOM and MUCOM

I am a white female from Illinois.