This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zmfhtps

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If your interested in engineering and medicine, I think you'd be a good fit for carle illinois. Since your from california apply all instate, and then buy msar select at least a combination of 20 private schools and maybe a few state schools that are oos friendly. Think you have a shot at the harvards, washu etc, schools but maybe only apply to a total of 5-7 of those.

Reactions: 1 users
I suggest these schools with your stats:
The UC's
USC
Kaiser
California University
Boston University
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Rochester
Duke
Miami
Tulane
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Case Western
Pittsburgh
U Michigan
Carle Illinois
Mayo
St. Louis
Washington University

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If your interested in engineering and medicine, I think you'd be a good fit for carle illinois. Since your from california apply all instate, and then buy msar select at least a combination of 20 private schools and maybe a few state schools that are oos friendly. Think you have a shot at the harvards, washu etc, schools but maybe only apply to a total of 5-7 of those.
But rule out schools where your GPAs are < 10th %iles for acceptees.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
The UC's
USC
Kaiser
California University
Boston University
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Rochester
Duke
Miami
Tulane
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Case Western
Pittsburgh
U Michigan
Carle Illinois
Mayo
St. Louis
Washington University

I'm afraid to apply to NYU because I heard they don't look at you unless you have a 3.9 gpa+

They like applicants with a 520 MCAT though. Their 10th percentile for GPA is 3.7 .
Can you tell me how to check university's 10th percentile?
I don't see it on their admission websites.
Do I have to buy MSAR from AAMC?

Can you tell me how to check university's 10th percentile?
I don't see it on their admission websites.
Do I have to buy MSAR from AAMC?

yea drop the 25$ its nothing compared to the 2000$ ur gonna spend on application fees

Reactions: 1 users
But rule out schools where your GPAs are < 10th %iles for acceptees.
Either GPA or both? His cGPA is higher than his sGPA - and there are schools where one of 'em makes the cut but not both.

I know Texas schools have a heavy IS preference, but I think your Mech-E background would fit really well with Texas A&M's EnMed program if you're interested in combining engineering and medicine within your career. I think the "fit" for that program could make up for your lowish GPA.