3.6gpa/3.4sgpa/TS20/AA19/What’s my chance and need help with school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.wang

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT break down is

PAT:30
QR:19
RC:16
Bio:20
GC:19
OC:21

I have a D+ on physics II and C on organic chemistry.

I planed to retake physics from my college online.

Is there any suggestion on school list? I’ve already choose 12 and hope to apply for 20 schools in total.

Members don't see this ad.

What schools have you already chosen? Shadowing/volunteering? State of residence? The low RC may be a red flag for some schools, and I’d say your overall DAT is on the low end despite the very high PAT score.

What schools have you already chosen? Shadowing/volunteering? State of residence? The low RC may be a red flag for some schools, and I’d say your overall DAT is on the low end despite the very high PAT score.
I have 120 shadow hours. Va residence.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your school list? Also check if your schools accept prereqs taken online, some don't I believe

What's your school list? Also check if your schools accept prereqs taken online, some don't I believe
I just updated about school lists! I asked a few and they said they will accept, but I felt less competitive if I took classes online

I just updated about school lists! I asked a few and they said they will accept, but I felt less competitive if I took classes online
UCLA is a reach
otherwise it's a decent list

Reactions: 1 user
If you want to cut UMKC has a very low % of oos students

UCLA is a reach
otherwise it's a decent list
Thank you for saying that. UCLA tends to accept lots of Asian student so I hope I could be one of them. I love beach and asian food.

Are there any other schools will you recommend ?

If you want to cut UMKC has a very low % of oos students
That’s what I heard. My dentist said it’s a pretty new school so I might still have a chance.

I just want to add more school, do you have any recommendation on adding more schools

Thank you for saying that. UCLA tends to accept lots of Asian student so I hope I could be one of them. I love beach and asian food.

Are there any other schools will you recommend ?
UCLA doesn't really accept students based on race...and they're picky with OOS applicants. I would say your DAT does not make you very competitive here and that you may be better off spending that app fee on another school. Also, Howard is a HBCU and favors minorities. UDM, MOSDOH, MWU IL, and UNE could be others to add, but they're all pretty expensive I think.

That’s what I heard. My dentist said it’s a pretty new school so I might still have a chance.
ummm
History

The UMKC School of Dentistry traces its roots to 1881, when the Kansas City Dental College was founded as a department of the Kansas City Medical College. In 1919 the Kansas City Dental College merged with Western Dental College to form the Kansas City Western Dental College. It became the School of Dentistry of the University of Kansas City in 1941. In 1963 the school became the School of Dentistry at UMKC.

UCLA doesn't really accept students based on race...and they're picky with OOS applicants. I would say your DAT does not make you very competitive here and that you may be better off spending that app fee on another school. Also, Howard is a HBCU and favors minorities. UDM, MOSDOH, MWU IL, and UNE could be others to add, but they're all pretty expensive I think.
I’ll definitely look into those schools, I tried to avoid expensive school but I guess it’s good to have more choices

ummm
History

The UMKC School of Dentistry traces its roots to 1881, when the Kansas City Dental College was founded as a department of the Kansas City Medical College. In 1919 the Kansas City Dental College merged with Western Dental College to form the Kansas City Western Dental College. It became the School of Dentistry of the University of Kansas City in 1941. In 1963 the school became the School of Dentistry at UMKC.
I need to look into it again ! Thank you for the information

My DAT break down is

PAT:30
QR:19
RC:16
Bio:20
GC:19
OC:21

I have a D+ on physics II and C on organic chemistry.

I planed to retake physics from my college online.

Is there any suggestion on school list? I’ve already choose 12 and hope to apply for 20 schools in total.

I wouldn't count on Creighton. A majority of their spots each year are already spoken for because of agreements with other states and nepotism. Being a private school, being a minority isn't giving you any extra points with them. Also they place a lot if weight on GPA and DAT, they typically weed out the first round based on that before even looking at the rest of your application