3.7/512 MD school list (low science GPA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1045261

• Current State of Residence: California (URM, hispanic w/ conversational Spanish)
  • Ties to other States: Family in New York, as well as where I attended college
  • Year in School: Senior at a T20 (notorious for grade deflation). Studying bio and business, very interested in combined degree MD/MBA programs but I'm not sure I am a strong enough applicant.
  • Cumulative GPA: 3.7 (strong upward trend, started with a 3.2 freshman year, ended with a 3.95 last term)
  • Science GPA: 3.4
  • MCAT Score: 512(127/129/128/128)
  • Research Experience: 1 year in a lab, sort of disrupted due to COVID but got good, hands on experience but no publications
  • Clinical Experience: not too much of this, very disrupted due to COVID, hoping to improve over winter break and next semester/summer.
  • Physician Shadowing: 60 hours
  • Non-Clinical Volunteering: Various organizations on campus working low income kids. Also very involved in the Gift of Life club doing swabs for the bone marrow registry
  • Other Extracurricular Activities: sports team, tour guide, Physics TA
My weakest point is def my science GPA and I know this is going to hold me back from a lot of schools. However, I am really hoping to apply next cycle. My current school list is below, but I could be reaching too much.
  • Tufts
  • Einstein
  • Stony Brook
  • SUNY Downstate
  • SUNY Upstate
  • Penn State
  • UC Irvine
  • UC Davis
  • UC San Diego
  • Cal Northstate
  • University of Michigan
  • Boston University
  • Georgetown
  • NYMC
  • GWU
  • Tulane
  • Dartmouth
  • Wake Forest
  • Brown
  • Rochester
  • UCLA Drew
  • Drexel
  • UMiami
  • Quinnipiac
  • Emory
  • Chicago/Rosalind Franklin

Members don't see this ad.

You could add any of these schools to your application:
Kaiser
California University
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Mount Sinai
Seton Hall
Temple
Jefferson
Loyola
Creighton
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State

You could add any of these schools to your application:
Kaiser
California University
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Mount Sinai
Seton Hall
Temple
Jefferson
Loyola
Creighton
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Thanks! Mt. Sinai was originally on my list but I took it off after getting my MCAT score back, thinking it was too low. I'll definitely think about adding it back!