3.7 cgpa, 3.55 sgpa, 31 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icecoldstar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Numbers are a little fudged to not reveal too much about myself. I'm a FL resident, non-URM, already verified and submitted a few secondaries already. Still waiting for LoR, but expecting those to come in by end of July. Pretty good statement, ECs, average letters. Took 2 gap years to research because I got rejected everywhere last year. Old MCAT score was 28, retook and got the 31.

Here's my school list:

all florida schools,
Boston uni (stretch)
Brown (stretch)
Drexel
tufts
Indiana university

I only picked so few because I feel that my chances are only good for FL schools. Any other schools I should place on my list? I feel I only applied so so few schools. Also, what are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

BU might be OK, but Brown will appreciate your donation in the form of your app fee. IU won't take you if you're a FL resident because like any state school, they prefer the home team and you need to be well above avg. A 31 MCAT is, well, avg.

Suggest adding temple, Jefferson, Rosy Franklin, NYMC, Rush, both DC schools, Wake-Forest, SLU, MCW, Einstein, Loyola, Creighton, maybe Tufts, EVMS, U Toledo, and ALL new schools in CT, NY, VA, and AZ (maybe). don't forget the FL DO programs, and maybe PCOM-GA and ALA-COM.

I think your chances are pretty good with the FL schools if that's your state.

BU might be OK, but Brown will appreciate your donation in the form of your app fee. IU won't take you if you're a FL resident because like any state school, they prefer the home team and you need to be well above avg. A 31 MCAT is, well, avg.

Suggest adding temple, Jefferson, Rosy Franklin, NYMC, Rush, both DC schools, Wake-Forest, SLU, MCW, Einstein, Loyola, Creighton, maybe Tufts, EVMS, U Toledo, and ALL new schools in CT, NY, VA, and AZ (maybe). don't forget the FL DO programs, and maybe PCOM-GA and ALA-COM.

I think your chances are pretty good with the FL schools if that's your state.

Out of curiosity, why BU OK but not brown? BU is 3.8/34 and brown is 3.8/33 according to msar, and seems both schools take a ton of OOS students. Not trying to question your judgement Goro, simply wondering :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, why BU OK but not brown? BU is 3.8/34 and brown is 3.8/33 according to msar, and seems both schools take a ton of OOS students. Not trying to question your judgement Goro, simply wondering :)
A large proportion of Brown's OOS students are part of their version of a bacMD program (not the general application pool).

I agree with Goro, take off Indiana. There are already rejections posted in the school specific thread..all come from OOS with MCATs up to 34 and 35...they love in state

Where didya get in? How come no one ever asks that?