MD 3.7 gpa, 514 MCAT, NY resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPmoleymole

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Before you apply you need to accumulate at least 100 hours of physician shadowing and 100 hours of hospital clinical volunteering. You have a good list except for your reaches and the Texas schools. Consider adding these schools:
NYMC
Mount Sinai
Georgetown
GW
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson

Members don't see this ad :)
50 hours of shadowing focused on primary care concentrations is likely sufficient

I think you'll be fine with that list

No. The more the better, especially if you're aiming high. Your research experience is not patience contact experience, unless you're actually dealing with sick people.

Your stats are in this territory:

U VM
USF Morsani (maybe)
Duke (maybe)
Case (maybe)
Both Mayos (maybe)
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Oakland-B
Your state school(s).
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Thanks @Faha. I will look into the schools you listed. I will definitely have over 100 hours of clinical volunteering. I will start shadowing soon, but 100 hours minimum seems a bit high, no?