3.7 GPA 9/6/9 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvasu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think my chances are?
I am graduating this december, might retake MCAT in late January. Have one or two LOR from DO's that I know. Have some shadowing hours. Planning on spending the spring gaining more volunteer/shadowing/experience hours in the medical field somehow. Apply this fall/winter, or wait for the applications to re open in the summer for fall of 2016?

Members don't see this ad.

A 25 will rule out Touro-NY and -CA, CCOM, and AZCOM, but if you apply broadly elsewhere, especially the newer schools, then you should have some success.

I suggest waiting until next June to apply because your new MCAT score will only help you interview for a spot on a wiat list, assuming you do better and apply in January.

What do you think my chances are?
I am graduating this december, might retake MCAT in late January. Have one or two LOR from DO's that I know. Have some shadowing hours. Planning on spending the spring gaining more volunteer/shadowing/experience hours in the medical field somehow. Apply this fall/winter, or wait for the applications to re open in the summer for fall of 2016?