3.72 sGPA 23Q MCAT.. Chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartandog

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I am a prospective osteopathic medical student. I have already finished secondaries to MSUCOM, ATSU KCOM, ATSU SOMA, ACOM, PCOM, COMP, MWU-CCOM, and NSUCOM.

My cumulative GPA is 3.63 and science GPA is 3.72. I scored a 23Q on the MCAT. Verbal:7 Physical Science:9 and Biological Science:7

I am getting extremely anxious about my MCAT score. I know my score sucks, and I truly feel that it's not a testament of my capabilities as a student. I have great letters of recommendations and lots of extracurricular experiences. I am a current senior studying human biology in my undergrad.

I could really use some advice. What are my chances? Is there anyone else out there with somewhat similar scores who got in? If so, what school, and what were your scores?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Members don't see this ad.

throw in a few more schools. VCOM, LMU DCOM, Marian, Campbell, KCUMB, LECOM's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, maybe apply to WVSOM. The advertised average MCAT there is 24 I believe.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I am a prospective osteopathic medical student. I have already finished secondaries to MSUCOM, ATSU KCOM, ATSU SOMA, ACOM, PCOM, COMP, MWU-CCOM, and NSUCOM.

My cumulative GPA is 3.63 and science GPA is 3.72. I scored a 23Q on the MCAT. Verbal:7 Physical Science:9 and Biological Science:7

I am getting extremely anxious about my MCAT score. I know my score sucks, and I truly feel that it's not a testament of my capabilities as a student. I have great letters of recommendations and lots of extracurricular experiences. I am a current senior studying human biology in my undergrad.

I could really use some advice. What are my chances? Is there anyone else out there with somewhat similar scores who got in? If so, what school, and what were your scores?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Then retake it, apply next year, and go to a school higher up on your list.

you probably have a good shot at some DO schools. Most MD schools will autoscreen a 23.

Thanks everyone for your input. I really appreciate it. I want this more than anything in the world. I will use your advice in pursuance of my goals.

23 will get you screened out of most DO schools as well. retake it.

+1, definitely at COMP

I bet this person will get at least 5 interviews.

BTW OP- also apply to WVSOM (no secondary unless interview), PCOM-GA (identical secondary to PCOM), and WCU (if from southeast/gulf states)