MD & DO Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneDayiA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
As a California resident with your GPA and MCAT of 508 your chances are low for MD schools. Concentrate on DO schools and apply broadly to at least 20 schools. Consider all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM
any new schools that may open for 2019

Reactions: 1 user
How many DO schools did you apply to?

I only applied to one DO school in late October because I was doing my SMP program in their region. Interviewed in March and am currently on the waitlist. At the time, I didn't think I was competitive for other schools but given that I just completed my SMP with a 3.72, I am planning on applying broadly for DO next round. Still debating my chances for MD.

As a California resident with your GPA and MCAT of 508 your chances are low for MD schools. Concentrate on DO schools and apply broadly to at least 20 schools. Consider all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM
any new schools that may open for 2019

Thank you! That sounds like a good plan. What about the new MD schools that opened up this year? Seton Hall, Nova Southeastern, Cal Med and possibly Kaiser? Do you think they are worth a shot?

I don't mind DO at all, but I definitely prefer being in California so Cal Med and Kaiser would definitely be on the top of the list in that case.

If you want to stay in California you have a low chance for an interview at California University, Kaiser and Loma Linda. If you increase your MCAT to 512 it helps your chances. You could try Seton Hall and NOVA MD but it is likely they will have many more applications in this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah should be golden with that smp gpa and mcat; good luck; mind me asking which smp because I am currently looking at SMPs if I don't get in next cycle

I only applied to one DO school in late October because I was doing my SMP program in their region. Interviewed in March and am currently on the waitlist. At the time, I didn't think I was competitive for other schools but given that I just completed my SMP with a 3.72, I am planning on applying broadly for DO next round. Still debating my chances for MD.

yeah should be golden with that smp gpa and mcat; good luck; mind me asking which smp because I am currently looking at SMPs if I don't get in next cycle

Sure! I'll inbox you!

If you want to stay in California you have a low chance for an interview at California University, Kaiser and Loma Linda. If you increase your MCAT to 512 it helps your chances. You could try Seton Hall and NOVA MD but it is likely they will have many more applications in this cycle.

Will plan on possibly retaking the MCAT if my practice exams keep going well. Thank you for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.