MD 3.73 cGPA & 3.72 BPCM w/ a 514 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stilly20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I have an okay chance at getting into a school but I want to have some opinions on my list. I have a 128/129/127/130 (514) MCAT, I am a Florida resident, and by the time I apply I will have

-Graduated with Bio & Chem double major
- between 800-1000 hours of being an ER scribe.
- I have been part of 2 research labs with a possible co-author in a journal by the time I apply.
- Part of the leadership in a volunteering club
- ~300 hours of volunteering with elderly individuals and low-income patients
- 80 hours of shadowing a surgeon
- Tutored & Mentored foster children of all ages in my community for nearly a year

What I am unsure of is how to apply. I seem to lie in the 75th+ percentile for low tier schools, 50th for mid-tier, and about ~25th for upper tier schools. These are my choice so far:
-Yale
-Cornell
-Emory
-Georgetown
-U of Miami
-Thomas Jefferson
-Tufts
-USC
-SUNY
-UF
-FIU
-UCF
-Drexel
-George Washington
-New York Medical College
-Loyola
-FSU

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should add or remove or replace? Should I even perhaps apply to DO schools? I really don't care for top-tier schools but I want to make sure I made it into the best school I could. (Yale and Cornell are my reach schools)

Members don't see this ad.

Add Florida Atlantic, USF and NOVA MD. Otherwise your list is good. Your Florida schools are where your best chances are.