3.73 GPA 28M MCAT. School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopefull5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I have a 3.73 GPA, I'm a psych major with a chem minor. I am an Illinois resident. I took the MCAT in April and got a 28 M. I was planning on retaking it, but the next available date wouldn't be untill mid late July. I decided I rather apply early with my stats to schools that I may have a chance at. I have hospital volunteering, leadership, community volunteering, research and strong LOR.
The schools I am thinking about applying to are:
Illinois
University of Illinois
Rush
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
SIU
California
Loma Linda
Michigan
Oakland University William Beaumont
Nebraska
Creighton
Tennessee
Meharry
Pennsylvania
Drexel

I'm still doing some research, I have the MSAR online. I was told with my stats I should really be specific about where to apply. Schools that match my personal goals. I want to do pediatrics/family medicine. Any school suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone!
I have a 3.73 GPA, I'm a psych major with a chem minor. I am an Illinois resident. I took the MCAT in April and got a 28 M. I was planning on retaking it, but the next available date wouldn't be untill mid late July. I decided I rather apply early with my stats to schools that I may have a chance at. I have hospital volunteering, leadership, community volunteering, research and strong LOR.
The schools I am thinking about applying to are:
Illinois
University of Illinois
Rush
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
SIU
California
Loma Linda
Michigan
Nebraska
Creighton
Tennessee
Meharry
Pennsylvania
Drexel

I'm still doing some research, I have the MSAR online. I was told with my stats I should really be specific about where to apply. Schools that match my personal goals. I want to do pediatrics/family medicine. Any school suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I copied and pasted your school list below and made some italicized suggestions.

Illinois
University of Illinois
Rush
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
SIU - are you a southern Illinois resident? They have preference for those below a certain point in the state.
California
Loma Linda - very religious; look into this a bit more before you apply
Michigan
Add: Wayne State, MSU
Nebraska
Creighton
Tennessee
Meharry - are you a URM?
Pennsylvania
Drexel

Also, add some of the following, perhaps: MCW, NYMC, U Cincinnati, GW, maybe some Florida schools.

Additionally - YES to applying early and seeing what happens. :luck: