3.73cGPA, 27Q, NY, Athlete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maroaj9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attend a top ranked undergrad school, compete in DI athletics (track), carry a 3.73cGPA with 3.65sGPA, but recently received a 27Q on the MCAT.

Does anyone know schools with the least emphasis on the MCAT or know which schools I'd have the best shot at with low MCAT? NY resisdent.

Members don't see this ad.

Might have a shot at some of the lighter MCAT schools--george washington, rosalind franklin, nymc, howard, vcu, loyola, buffalo--to name a few. Check out the MSAR and target schools with a 30 or 31 average. Are you applying this cycle? Have you applied yet? I might consider studying this fall and winter and re-taking the MCAT next spring.

Apply to schools you want to go to. Apply to schools that are within your reach.

Check out this post - http://bit.ly/OEN51G

Basically - start reaching out to schools you think you have a chance out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have submitted my application, but likely won't be verified until September 1. Should I just apply to a few schools this cycle and pretty much pack it in until next year application wise?

Yes that is a good plan. Apply to a few schools that you might have a shot at, and really focus the fall and winter studying. Maybe take MCAT in April. Gives you the option to take it again in May in case things don't work out. Submit right when the app comes out in June. Some schools do have a maximum number of times you can apply to them (you would have to check which schools), so I wouldnt waste this cycle applying to too many. Also as a reapplicant, make sure your application is improved (better MCAT, keep doing medically-related volunteering/work).