MD 3.75 GPA with 505 MCAT, School List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

369drhelp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been on the search for medical schools for quite some time now and would love some guidance into what other schools I should be looking into. Some information about me:
State: From Wisconsin, go to school at a private institution in Minnesota (Senior)
Degree: Biology BS, Chemistry Minor
cGPA: 3.75
Clinical Involvement: Medical scribe (500+), shadowing (20+), volunteering in the surgical wing of a hospital and at a children's hospital(100+ hours).
Extra Curricular: Special Olympics Club, Pre-Health Professionals Club, Biology Club Executive Board, School Ambassador, Symphonic Band, Swing Dance Club.
I also work on campus as a Tour Guide, as well as in the science department as a tutor and study group leader for introductory Biology classes. In the summer, I work for a non-profit animal shelter in my area at a kids camp in the humane education department. I am currently volunteering and working as a scribe so those hours will continue to increase.

I took my MCAT in September and got a 505.
I've mostly been looking locally at schools: U of M Twin cities, U of M Duluth, UW Madison, MCW, and other midwest schools. I'm hoping to to MD, and I've had several friends with similar scores have success with this! I'm also continuing to shadow docs.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest:
Wake
GWU
Gtown
MCW (maybe)
Rush (maybe)
Creighton
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
Oakland U Beaumont
Rosy Franklin
SLU
U VM
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
VCU
WVU
U WI
U MN
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me.

Personally I would also take a look at
Tulane
QU
Cooper