MD 3.75 sGPA, 3.72 GPA, 91% MCAT (514) School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DominusAnulorum

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Texas resident and I already sent in my TMDSAS application to every single medical school in Texas. Right now I am working on the AMCAS application for Baylor and I was wondering if there were any other schools out of state I should apply to?
EC wise, I have about 35 hours shadowing and seven weeks of work at a health clinic. I served on my school's Student Health Advisory Committee as an officer and I took a gap year after college and spent time in Europe and volunteered as a first grade teacher at an orphanage in Rwanda. I am also a member of Phi Kappa Phi.
I would love to not have to go to any super expensive schools, so I hope to stay in Texas, but I could always use more options.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Texas resident and I already sent in my TMDSAS application to every single medical school in Texas. Right now I am working on the AMCAS application for Baylor and I was wondering if there were any other schools out of state I should apply to?
EC wise, I have about 35 hours shadowing and seven weeks of work at a health clinic. I served on my school's Student Health Advisory Committee as an officer and I took a gap year after college and spent time in Europe and volunteered as a first grade teacher at an orphanage in Rwanda. I am also a member of Phi Kappa Phi.
I would love to not have to go to any super expensive schools, so I hope to stay in Texas, but I could always use more options.
Very few TX applicants leave the state for medical school (only 193 last year!).
Over time this has taught us to only interview those for whom scholarship money might lure them out.
You are a very good applicant, but the odds that you will be interviewed and accepted to a better or cheaper school OOS is quite small. We think you will go to Baylor or UTSW.

Reactions: 1 user