3.76 cGPA /33 MCAT/ Mediocre ECs Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pitchd4rk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a pretty decent GPA and MCAT score; however, in terms of my EC's they are quite lackluster.

I have:
~ 700 hours of biomedical research (potentially am a 2nd author)
~ 75-100 hours of in hospital volunteer.
~ 15 hours of shadowing experience (anesthesiology)
~ 20 hours of community service.
~30 hours of church service.

I have a leadership position in my Christian fellowship on campus and have done planning events and invested a lot of time into it.

I am starting to volunteer for free clinics to get more clinical experience, but its not nearly as much as some other people. I really don't know what my chances are with a mediocre EC's. Is this good enough for MID tier schools?

Members don't see this ad.

You should be OK.

So I have a pretty decent GPA and MCAT score; however, in terms of my EC's they are quite lackluster.

I have:
~ 700 hours of biomedical research (potentially am a 2nd author)
~ 75-100 hours of in hospital volunteer.
~ 15 hours of shadowing experience (anesthesiology)
~ 20 hours of community service.
~30 hours of church service.

I have a leadership position in my Christian fellowship on campus and have done planning events and invested a lot of time into it.

I am starting to volunteer for free clinics to get more clinical experience, but its not nearly as much as some other people. I really don't know what my chances are with a mediocre EC's. Is this good enough for MID tier schools?