Sep 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi everyone,
I got 3.76 undergrad GPA (3.89 science GPA). My first two years weren't stellar but I got a 4.0 my last two years. And 512 MCAT:
Chem: 127
CARS: 125
Bio: 130
Pscyh: 130

I have completed 4+ years of research (4 years in one lab, and other labs in the summers) and have won the top science awards at my undergrad institution. I have one first author publication (and one first co-author publication on the way) and have presented posters at numerous conferences. I have been very actively involved in the community (leading volunteering groups for years), have shadowed for years. I am currently working at a pharmaceutical company, am volunteering at a clinic and will take some grad classes. I will also have some extremely solid recommendations (for ex: my mentor considers me to be the best research student he has ever had).

Based on this limited picture you have of my background, where would you recommend I apply for MD/PhD (preferably on the east coast)?

I understand my MCAT score is not ideal and am also contemplating retaking it (but really don't want to...)

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi everyone,
I got 3.76 undergrad GPA (3.89 science GPA). My first two years weren't stellar but I got a 4.0 my last two years. And 512 MCAT:
Chem: 127
CARS: 125
Bio: 130
Pscyh: 130

I have completed 4+ years of research (4 years in one lab, and other labs in the summers) and have won the top science awards at my undergrad institution. I have one first author publication (and one first co-author publication on the way) and have presented posters at numerous conferences. I have been very actively involved in the community (leading volunteering groups for years), have shadowed for years. I am currently working at a pharmaceutical company, am volunteering at a clinic and will take some grad classes. I will also have some extremely solid recommendations (for ex: my mentor considers me to be the best research student he has ever had).

Based on this limited picture you have of my background, where would you recommend I apply for MD/PhD (preferably on the east coast)?

I understand my MCAT score is not ideal and am also contemplating retaking it (but really don't want to...)
What state residency do you have? Tough to make much of a list, a lot of this depends on research going on at a school that you're interested in assisting.

OP
L
Sep 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I would just like a list of schools I may have a good chance at applying and getting in to. Hoping for more top-tier options but not sure if that will work out with the MCAT score

About the Ads