3.78 GPA, 516 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mgo1230

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If your a texas resident there's really no point in adding all these lower tier OOS schools. If you don't get into a school in Texas, its very unlikely you'll get into a lower tier OOS one when so many as gyngyn likes to point won't even take Texas applicants seriously because of how unlikely historically it is for them to come there. So I'd say there is no point to really have Miami, Georgetown, Kansas and Oklahoma on your list.

A good bet is to apply to everything in Texas and then use OOS schools for reaches.

If your a texas resident there's really no point in adding all these lower tier OOS schools. If you don't get into a school in Texas, its very unlikely you'll get into a lower tier OOS one when so many as gyngyn likes to point won't even take Texas applicants seriously because of how unlikely historically it is for them to come there. So I'd say there is no point to really have Miami, Georgetown, Kansas and Oklahoma on your list.

A good bet is to apply to everything in Texas and then use OOS schools for reaches.

Do you think I have a decent shot of at least getting into one of the other schools listed? Or should I add more?