MD & DO 3.78cGPA; 3.73sGPA; 27MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpartanGuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to try and keep this somewhat vague but here goes!

Michigan resident. Non-Trad
My MCAT breakdown is 8V, 9P, 10B Total 27
Clinical Volunteering: Roughly 300 hours as an Emergency Department volunteer, another 50 hours as a volunteer in the Radiology Department.
Physician Shadowing: Roughly 50 hours shadowing an Ortho in the operating room and clinic, around 25 hours shadowing a Pediatric HEMOC
Research: 2 semesters as part of a meta data project, non lab research, all I did was enroll participants by collecting their personal information and explaining the survey they had to fill out.
Non Clinical: I have been a Veteran Mentor for over 2 years at a special Veterans Treatment Court here in town, I help veterans with their transition back into civilian life.
Employment: My first 4 years after high school I was in a branch of the military as an Infantryman, plenty of leadership experience, personal awards, and the lucky recipient of two deployments, one to each Iraq and Afghanistan.
LOR: I have 5 great letters from teachers, physician, military leadership

I have completed/received secondaries from:
Michigan State MD
Michigan State DO
University of Michigan
Wayne State
University of Ohio
Wisconsin
Loyola
University of Southern Florida
University of South Carolina
University of Arizona Tucson
University of Hawaii -already rejected but I was stationed there so I wanted to at least try
Tulane -rejected as well but was encouraged to apply due to my unique story and life experience
Central Michigan University
University of Colorado
Alabama- received but have not submitted as of 9/24
University of Vermont

Mainly I am starting to wonder if I should add more schools, and if I should, what schools. I have no problem with either DO or MD, private or state, or geographic location, my goal is to get accepted and continue moving forward towards my career goal.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
First off., many thanks for your service to our country.
Goro suggests ALL MI medical schools, MD and DO
University of Ohio
Loyola
University of Southern Florida
Rush
IU
U Toledo
All new MD schools, except Hofstra
MCW
SLU
Penn State
the Philly triplets
Albany
NYMC
Creighton
Wake Forest
VCU

All DO schools except AZCOM. Start with MSUCOM, MUCOM, DMU, OH-COM, LECOM and CCOM, and then work your way outwards. Avoid LUCOM.