MD 3.8 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, 509 (125 C/P) MCAT, IL/AL URM non-trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpastry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest you not retake the MCAT. That is a fine score

Language skills?
Any evidence to serving the Hispanic community?

If you have the above, you should receive interviews by applying to all your IS schools (including SIU if you're from the southern part of Illinois) and any OOS private schools that interest you.

You also have a great chance at all PR schools

Last edited:

You should receive interviews by applying to all your IS schools (including SIU if you're from the southern part of Illinois) and any OOS private schools that interest you.

You also have a great chance at all PR schools

Thank you!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Language skills?
Any evidence to serving the Hispanic community?

Basic familiarity with Arabic and French.
Did not grow up in a Spanish-speaking household, so no fluency there.
Strong demonstrated commitment to serving underrepresented minorities and those marginalized in healthcare, including but not limited to the Hispanic community.

Basic familiarity with Arabic and French.
Did not grow up in a Spanish-speaking household, so no fluency there.
Strong demonstrated commitment to serving underrepresented minorities and those marginalized in healthcare, including but not limited to the Hispanic community.

Emphasizing your service will greatly help your application. Improving your Spanish skills will not only help you this application cycle, but your future patients as well.

Thank you! AMCAS verified me this morning and I have now have the un-rounded GPAs. Will the .04 difference between 3.6 and 3.54 in my sGPA reflect negatively in relation to the advice and input I've received here?

sGPA: 3.56
cGPA: 3.84
gGPA: 3.78

Thanks again!
You should be fine

Emphasizing your service will greatly help your application. Improving your Spanish skills will not only help you this application cycle, but your future patients as well.

I have been strongly motivated to improve my Spanish in the past year. Thanks for chiming in on this. I'm grateful for your input.