3.8 cGPA 3.9 sGPA but 26O MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bnj11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my MCAT score, and I was shocked at the 26O (8/9/9). Aside from my very first full length even (which was a 27) my range was 29-33. I am planning on applying to Illinois schools for the fall of 2013 and I wanted some advice. I signed up to retake on July 6th, but I'm a little scared after this test.
I should note that I'm a resident assistant and there was a death of a student the week before my test, but I still managed a 31 on my last practice test which I had to take the day after the death. Is it possible that the emotionally draining week prior to the test affected my results? Even though it didn't feel like it during the test. I just wanted to see what other people thought about my chances to apply to any DO or MD schools without a retake, or with one.

Also, here is some other relevant application information:

-I have approximately 200 hours of volunteering from a children's hospital. (About two-thirds from various floors with patients 0-3 years old, and a third from the NICU where I am still volunteering).
-I've been working on undergraduate biology research for the past year and a half, and presented at the research symposium last year
-Spent the last year as a Resident Assistant in a freshman residence hall
-Going to Ghana with Global Medical Brigades in August

Basically I feel confident with almost everything in my application except my MCAT score. What does everyone think?

Members don't see this ad.

good luck on retake. without it you are going to be very hard pressed to make it into MD. but you should be set for DO. Hopefully you get a 30+.