Jul 30, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
OK, I'm an Anthropology major, with a minor in History. I decided on medicine late, so I couldn't take all of my prerequisites at a four year university. I took Orgo I & II at a local CC after I graduated, and I only have Anatomy & Physiology I as an extra class, outside of the normal prerequisites. My EC are OK, I guess. I've done 70 hours of shadowing, I've been volunteering at a clinic for what will be two years when I apply next year, and I'm also volunteering at a hospital (and getting patient contact) for what will be more than a year when I apply next year. I also have some minor research experience in my History department, and I did an internship at a law firm for a bit more than a semester a few years ago. I've also helped out at my church for a while, and I will have a DO LoR.

The schools I want to apply to are:
CCOM (dream school)
LECOM-Erie
LECOM-Bradenton
Nova
LMUD-COM
AZCOM
KCOM
PCOM
TUORO-NY

So, what do you guys think are my chances at these schools? Thanks for any help. I will be applying next year, BTW. Thanks again.

EDIT: Science GPA is actually a 3.63, after some recalculating, and overall is 3.81.

Last edited:

kautionwirez

Hadoken!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2007
Status
Medical Student
OK, I'm an Anthropology major, with a minor in History. I decided on medicine late, so I couldn't take all of my prerequisites at a four year university. I took Orgo I & II at a local CC after I graduated, and I only have Anatomy & Physiology I as an extra class, outside of the normal prerequisites. My EC are OK, I guess. I've done 70 hours of shadowing, I've been volunteering at a clinic for what will be two years when I apply next year, and I'm also volunteering at a hospital (and getting patient contact) for what will be more than a year when I apply next year. I also have some minor research experience in my History department, and I did an internship at a law firm for a bit more than a semester a few years ago. I've also helped out at my church for a while, and I will have a DO LoR.

The schools I want to apply to are:
CCOM (dream school)
LECOM-Erie
LECOM-Bradenton
Nova
LMUD-COM
AZCOM
KCOM
PCOM
TUORO-NY

So, what do you guys think are my chances at these schools? Thanks for any help. I will be applying next year, BTW. Thanks again.
looks good, just make sure you get the letter before you apply

(I am looking for a new DO, last one can't see me anymore because he's training staff.... :( )

About the Ads
May 5, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I think you're fine for DO. Your MCAT is only a tiny bit below the preferred 27, but your GPA more that makes up for it. Personally, I think you have a great shot at CCOM. Good luck.

Jul 30, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I think you're fine for DO. Your MCAT is only a tiny bit below the preferred 27, but your GPA more that makes up for it. Personally, I think you have a great shot at CCOM. Good luck.
I hope so, CCOM is, without question, the school that I would love to go to, simply because it would allow me to be relatively close to home.

Jul 30, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
OK, I just realized that my DO science GPA is actually a 3.63 (overall is a 3.81). Does that change things too drastically? For CCOM, KCOM, LECOM, etc.?

1TB4RKSB4CK

wussup doge
5+ Year Member
May 6, 2010
Miami
Status
Pre-Medical
Raise your MCAT to a 30+ and you can have a shot at MD if you would want too that is.

About the Ads