1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

3.80 cGPA, 3.70 sGPA, 26 MCAT, any help?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by JJulius, Jul 30, 2011.

1. JJulius

Pre-Medical
    OK, I'm an Anthropology major, with a minor in History. I decided on medicine late, so I couldn't take all of my prerequisites at a four year university. I took Orgo I & II at a local CC after I graduated, and I only have Anatomy & Physiology I as an extra class, outside of the normal prerequisites. My EC are OK, I guess. I've done 70 hours of shadowing, I've been volunteering at a clinic for what will be two years when I apply next year, and I'm also volunteering at a hospital (and getting patient contact) for what will be more than a year when I apply next year. I also have some minor research experience in my History department, and I did an internship at a law firm for a bit more than a semester a few years ago. I've also helped out at my church for a while, and I will have a DO LoR.

The schools I want to apply to are:
    CCOM (dream school)
    LECOM-Erie
    LECOM-Bradenton
    Nova
    LMUD-COM
    AZCOM
    KCOM
    PCOM
    TUORO-NY

So, what do you guys think are my chances at these schools? Thanks for any help. I will be applying next year, BTW. Thanks again.

EDIT: Science GPA is actually a 3.63, after some recalculating, and overall is 3.81.

#1 JJulius, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kautionwirez

kautionwirez Hadoken!
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    looks good, just make sure you get the letter before you apply

(I am looking for a new DO, last one can't see me anymore because he's training staff.... :( )

4. torshi

torshi Squirrel
    5+ Year Member

sounds like your good to go :thumbup:

5. JJulius

Pre-Medical
    Thanks for the words guys, anyone else?

6. leggo

Pre-Medical
    I think you're fine for DO. Your MCAT is only a tiny bit below the preferred 27, but your GPA more that makes up for it. Personally, I think you have a great shot at CCOM. Good luck.

7. JJulius

Pre-Medical
    I hope so, CCOM is, without question, the school that I would love to go to, simply because it would allow me to be relatively close to home.

8. JJulius

Pre-Medical
    OK, I just realized that my DO science GPA is actually a 3.63 (overall is a 3.81). Does that change things too drastically? For CCOM, KCOM, LECOM, etc.?

9. 1TB4RKSB4CK

1TB4RKSB4CK wussup doge
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Raise your MCAT to a 30+ and you can have a shot at MD if you would want too that is.