3.82 GPA 3.7 Science but 25P Composite MCAT chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bm499ucf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off thank you guys for taking the time to look at my info. I attend the University of Central Florida and have been able to obtain a 3.82 overall gpa and 3.7 science gpa with good EC's. I have applied to all Florida MD schools and I was j/w what you guys think of my chances for potentially FSU or FIU. Furthermore, I have also applied to Ponce School of Medicine, San Juan Bautista, SGU, and Ross University. For the schools mentioned, what do you think my chances are? I am also considering applying to Nova and LECOM. Thank you again

Members don't see this ad.

First off thank you guys for taking the time to look at my info. I attend the University of Central Florida and have been able to obtain a 3.82 overall gpa and 3.7 science gpa with good EC's. I have applied to all Florida MD schools and I was j/w what you guys think of my chances for potentially FSU or FIU. Furthermore, I have also applied to Ponce School of Medicine, San Juan Bautista, SGU, and Ross University. For the schools mentioned, what do you think my chances are? I am also considering applying to Nova and LECOM. Thank you again
Hey, I think you should be OK, at least as far as SJB. I applied with less competitive stats and have an interview there for next month.

I would try to steer clear of the carribean. Do a search on this forum, it is a very risky bet these days. I think you stand a chance at some DO schools though and your money would be wisely spent applying to those schools.

Then again, I am always hesitant to encourage people to apply this late in the game. It costs money, your chances go down the longer you wait, and your chance of acceptance goes down.

Apply if you must but I would recommend waiting until the next cycle so you have everything ready, secondaries per-written, etc. Again, there are horror stories of people with a ton of debt and can't find a residency in the US after going to the Caribbean for med school. Look into it more before you commit into one of these schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Look for schools with average MCAT's below a 30. The 25 is going to mostly derail any chances at most MD schools. The carribeans will definitely take you. But what is your breakdown of your MCAT? And for DO schools, you might have a better chance!

You should be good for DO schools. Add 3 more DO to the 2 you are already considering for a total of 5 DO, and you should get in. Only issue I see is the lateness of your application.

Hope you are still reading. Did not see the date of the original post