3.83 GPA, Division I athlete . . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gator35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances?

3.83 cum GPA
3.79 science GPA
Biology and Biochemistry Major, Economics minor
Division I Baseball scholarship player
Have not taken MCAT - practice range 34-36
Hospital volunteer - 200 hours
Paid research summers - ~100 hours
Working in a genetics lab next semester (fall junior year)
Nursing home volunteer ~50 hours
Medical Reserve Corps trained volunteer

Anything to improve? What schools can I realistically look at?

Thanks for all your input

Members don't see this ad.

have you considered being a nurse?

but seriously
nothing left to improve, you can apply anywhere assuming mcat is as high as your practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
You might already have something to list under leadership. If not, work on that. Also, I'd suggest you get in some shadowing time with physicians, maybe two or three specialties with short-term contact. I think more research time is a good idea, so I'm glad you're on top of that. Your clinical experience is nicely varied and looks fine. If your stats are as good as you predict, you'll have lots of schools willing to give you serious consideration.

You don't need to add anything. You could have just played ball and gotten clinical experience and you would have been fine. I'd apply to any school you want to if you can get a 33+ on the MCAT.

I don't know why so many people are giving the OP such a hard time, he is just asking a question.

OP...you are fine as long as you keep up with some of the clinical exposure. I also think that some community volunteer activities would be great to list (and you probably already have them being on a baseball team and all)

if you get some solid LORs and apply early, you have a legitimate chance at any school in the nation. the only thing you really need to do now is stay humble and keep working hard. good luck.

no chance, your ships got a hole and youre sinking fast. make sure your plan B is not going to fall through like your so-called medical aspirations have. youre up the creek without a paddle, drowning in a cup of water, bleeding out of every hole. need I say more??