MD 3.83 sGPA, 3.86 cGPA, 506 MCAT, What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mary3x

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is your state of residence? If you're not from a lucky state I would definetly apply to some DO schools as well. Also, is your MCAT score balanced?

I'm from MA so I applied to UMass Med. And no my verbal was 58% percentile, the other sections were okay.

Members don't see this ad :)
UMass interviews >50% of instate applicants so that would be your best shot, but unfortunately it's MA's only public institution. 58% translates to about an 8, and 506 translates to about a 29. Since UMass has an MCAT median of 33 with a 10% at 29, I would DEFINITELY recommend applying to DO schools as well lower tier MD schools. If you want to be a doctor it shouldn't matter if its an MD or DO by the name.

I hope you included these schools in your application:
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Albany
New York Medical
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
For some of these schools you have a better chance for an interview than others. If you are unwilling to apply to DO schools then also include California Northstate. If no success with MD schools this year then apply to at least 10 DO schools next year.

What is your state of residence? If you're not from a lucky state I would definetly apply to some DO schools as well. Also, is your MCAT score balanced?
Is MD a lucky state? It interviews 80% MD residents