3.84 cGPA, 3.76 sGPA 504 MCAT what are my chances???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docturooooo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Demographics: 22, M, DC resident.

GPAs: sGPA 3.763, cGPA 3.84

MCAT: 504 balanced

Non-Clinical Volunteering
~300 hours as a soup kitchen volunteer and given leadership role in charge of laundry and showers
~30 hours volunteer in the Summer Special Olympics and various 5k's

ClinIcal Experience
  • shadowed at hospital for ~600 hours in various departments and specialties
  • EMT-B for ~850 hours
Work Experience: Held 5 different jobs in the food business, Tutor in the sciences, Bio class TA.

Research
Poster presentation in Jefferson School of Pharmacy, Poster presentation at school. Published.
2 years of research

Leadership: Senator Ben Cardin leadership program, on the board of a national honor society along with being a part of many honor societies.

Awards
Merit based scholarship ~$2000

Special Considerations: I moved to the U.S. when I was 15 without knowing ANY English. This is what my personal statement is about, I had no friends or ability to communicate with anybody for most of my high school career. I learned English the hard way.

DO
LMU-DCOM
CUSOM
DMU
LECOM-Erie
MUCOM
Rowan
KCOM
VCOM
PCOM
NYCOM
WVSOM
MSUCOM
Chicago COM

MD
NY medical college
Rush
UMD
Virginia commonwealth
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
GW
Georgetown
Rosalind Franklin
Albany
VTECH
WVU
Mercer
Marshall

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You are competitive for any DO school and should receive several interviews. For MD remove Brody, SC and Florida as these schools accept very few non residents with your MCAT score. MD schools you could add include:
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Creighton
New York Medical

You are competitive for any DO school and should receive several interviews. For MD remove Brody, SC and Florida as these schools accept very few non residents with your MCAT score. MD schools you could add include:
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Creighton
New York Medical
Do you think I have any shot at the MD schools I posted? other than the ones you said to omit?
Thanks!!

@Goro What do you think, as far as adding or removing? What are my chances according to you? I could use second opinions. I KNOW I'm not supposed to include you in the name, my advisor is pressuring me to email her by the end of wed. so she can compile letters according to the schools.
Thanks in advance!!

I recommend:
Quinnipiac

Oakland U Beaumont

WVU

EVMS

Rosy Franklin

MCW

Creighton

NYMC

VCU

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

Netter

Your state school(s).

Any DO school. Start with VCOM and PCOM

I recommend:
Quinnipiac

Oakland U Beaumont

WVU

EVMS

Rosy Franklin

MCW

Creighton

NYMC

VCU

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

Netter

Your state school(s).

Any DO school. Start with VCOM and PCOM
How do adcoms view volunteering as an EMT especially with an extensive shadowing and volunteering background?
Thanks!

Pesonally, I equate EMT-B as close to being a taxi driver....but it's still contact.
Also, do you believe DO's are looked down upon in medicine in your experience. In other words, would it close doors if I want to do Emergency Med