MD & DO 3.85 cGPA, 3.79 sGPA, 502MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. McPanda

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.85 cGPA
3.79 BCPM GPA
502 MCAT: 128/121/125/128

What are my chances? And will need help coming up with a school list, current list below. Should I retake MCAT July 22? Planning on applying Fall 2017 Admissions & looking to submitting AMCAS apps first/second week of June (1-2 weeks). Already filled out most of AMCAS & started AACOMAS.
Traditional student.
VA Resident
~500 Hours Shadowing: Vascular surgery, general surgery, bariatric, nephrology, Family med/Primary Care, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Internal Medicine, Urology, Interventional Radiology, and Anesthesiology.
~500 Hours paid clinical hours: Worked on a pre/post-op floor. Did IVs, phlebotomy, patient care etc.. CNA Licensed.
~500 Hours community service: ~300 hours hospital volunteer ED department. ~215 hours in community/neighborhoods.
~115 Hours Research: Genetic analysis on linkages with substance abuse.
~>2000 Hours of religious work: prayer leader and attendance of ceremonies.
Held 10-12 leadership positions throughout undergrad experience. 2-4 of those experiences have been long term and I still continue to partake in them.
Attended 3-4 conferences: presented at a national conference for Residential Life and Housing.
Was recognized and awarded a full-year tuition at May 2016 Commencement for my scholastic achievements, strong leadership, and my service to the university and community at large [Will graduate Spring 2017]

First-gen American and first in my family to attend college.

Current school list:
EVMS
VCU
UVA
VT
Drexel
Penn State
Temple
UPitt
Sidney Kimmel (TJ)
NY Medical College
Albert Einstein
Albany
Georgetown
George Washington
Howard
UW
Vermont
Mayo
Rush
+5-7 D.Os

Suggestions/Thoughts? @Goro @Faha @gyngyn

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Excellent extracurriculars but that subscore in CARS will get you autoscreened at pretty much all MD schools after they take your money via secondary fees. I strongly suggest a retake when you're ready. Emphasis on the ready. Good luck!