MD 3.85 cGPA 3.94 sGPA 521 MCAT School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vishvkl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I see over a dozen schools on your current list you can go in saying you have a reasonable shot at getting a II at(targets per se). That'll be plenty

If I had to remove 3: Jefferson, Georgetown and Downstate are mostly a waste of time with stats this high. Northwestern and CWRU with their big classes would be very good ones to replace with. I like Ohio State and UVA here as well.

Last edited:
Aim high. You're golden.

Harvard

Wash U

Yale

Stanford

U Chicago

U Penn

U VA (maybe)

U MI (maybe)
U Colorado
U VM

U WI
Ohio State

Jefferson
U IA
UCSF

UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCR (IF you’re from the Inland Empire)
U Cincy
Miami
Albert Einstein
Tulane
Loyola
Emory
BU
USC/Keck
Baylor
JHU
Mayo
Pitt
Northwestern
NYU
Vanderbilt
Columbia
Sinai
Cornell
Duke
Case
Hofstra

Your state school

Hoping to apply this cycle and would just like some insight to how my list is. I am scared it is too top heavy and I am not giving myself enough mid/lower tier schools. Also if there are any holes in my application, please let me know what I can improve. I am considering taking a gap year if I can find the right thing to do during it, one thing I’m thinking about is learning Spanish. I really appreciate the help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your strategy should be apply to every top 20 you like except UCLA, UCSD, and University of Washington, then supplement with a good mid-tier cohort + your state schools.

Luckily, you seem to have done that already so that makes my job here pretty easy.

If you're looking to cut, get rid of Baylor, Downstate, Miami, NYMC, and Jefferson. You could also remove Boston U if you want.

Consider adding Hopkins, Stanford, Cornell (why are NYU, Columbia, and Sinai here but not Cornell?), UChicago, Michigan, Northwestern, and Rochester.

You're in an enviable position. You should feel great about your chances of getting into your state schools (you'd probably have to come across as someone who thinks you're above them for them to not offer you a spot) and with that security blanket you should have no reservations about hitting whatever top schools you like. You have a good shot at schools of any tier really.

Great chances at top schools, list is very reasonable but you could probably just do 1-20 or 1-30 plus your state school(s). Perhaps not top 5 but I think you have a decent chance nonetheless. Just polish the app, ace the interviews, and enjoy.