3.85 cGPA 508 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a1s2d3f4g5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys!

Just got my mcat back recently and it wasn't as great as I hoped (508 overall: 127/128/128/125 - the soc part really screwed me over) I think I'm going to just take the gamble this cycle and apply even though the score's not that impressive so I was hoping for some advice on a school list. Since I'm willing to retake the mcat and re-apply next year if i dont get in anywhere this time around, i want to just stick with MD schools for now.

Stats/ECs/Clinical Experience:
cGPA: 3.85
sGPA: around a 3.7
MCAT: 508
2.5 years in neurobio lab with 1 publication
~80 hrs shadowing (w/ LOR)
2 TA positions so far (1 in Gen Chem and 1 in Ecology; going to be a biochem TA next semester)
Starting a clinical internship in a couple weeks (prob getting around 110 hrs over the summer which will continue into the school year)
4 years working with kids in a daycare (not health related but I do this as a hobby)
NY resident / asian female

I really want to stay in NYC area for personal reasons but am willing to apply to schools in nearby states

So far my list is:
Cornell
Mt. Sinai
NYU
SUNY Downstate
Hofstra
Stony Brook (I'm a stony undergrad)
NYMC
Albert Einstein
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson
Drexel
Quinnipiac
Temple
Jefferson

Do you guys think i have at least a slim chance at any of these; i realize some of them are super reaches. And any other advice on schools to add?

Thank You! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Rutgers accepts few non residents and Cornell, NYU and Mt. Sinai are reaches with your MCAT. You could receive interviews at these schools with your stats:
ALL 4 SUNY's
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Seton Hall (if it opens for 2018)
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State