3.86 gpa 3.9 sgpa 511 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mrd7889

Accepted!!
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I'll be able to get into any medical schools with my stats. I've been involved with a lot of clubs on campus, have had many leadership positions, and a good amount of volunteering. I was involved with research for 1.5 years but was not very interested in it and not published.

I am really lacking in clinical volunteering/exposure. I'm taking a gap year and hoping to work for national health corps and hopefully doing clinical volunteering on the side.

I'm white and a Florida resident. I go to the best public university in Florida. What are my chances? Should I wait for the following cycle (after my gap year)?

Members don't see this ad.

With your current stats you are competitive for all the Florida schools. However, you should accumulate 50 hours of physician shadowing and 100 hours of clinical volunteering hours before you apply.

Clinical experience + some shadowing and you're golden

Members don't see this ad :)
With those stats, I suggest:

U VM
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Oakland-B
Western MI
ALL FL schools
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, LUCOM or Wm Carey, for different reasons. Start list with the two FL schools.

Also start working on the ECs.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to get into any medical schools with my stats. I've been involved with a lot of clubs on campus, have had many leadership positions, and a good amount of volunteering. I was involved with research for 1.5 years but was not very interested in it and not published.

I am really lacking in clinical volunteering/exposure. I'm taking a gap year and hoping to work for national health corps and hopefully doing clinical volunteering on the side.

I'm white and a Florida resident. I go to the best public university in Florida. What are my chances? Should I wait for the following cycle (after my gap year)?

With those stats, I suggest:

U VM
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Oakland-B
Western MI
ALL FL schools
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, LUCOM or Wm Carey, for different reasons. Start list with the two FL schools.

Also start working on the ECs.

Do you think I have a chance at Tufts?