MD 3.87 GPA 3.85 sGPA 517 MCAT. Help me with the list of schools.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goMSTP

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Medical College Georgia
Mercer
Emory
Duke
Wake Forest
Miami
UVA
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Tulane
Boston University
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati

Reactions: 1 user
Hello SDN!

I would really appreciate if you guys can help me with the list of schools.
I am interested in both the MD/Ph.D. program and MD programs, but I am more leaning toward the MD/Ph.D. program. I know my MCAT score is not high for shooting MD/PhD program, but I love research. For research, I am particularly interested in bioinformatics and computational biology.

GPA: 3.87 at a top 30 school
Major: Neuroscience
MCAT: 516 (131, 126, 130, 129) (Low CARs)
Home State: GA
Ethnicity: Asian male
Clinical Volunteering: 3 hrs/week in the Emergency room for 2 yr, 2hrs/week in hospice for 1.5 yr. Went to Swaziland for medical outreach for a month.
Non-clinical volunteering: None.
Research: 4 posters presented (1st author for 3 posters at national conferences and 2nd author for 1 poster at a regional conference). 1 peer-reviewed article published as the second author in mid-high impact factor journal. 1 peer-reviewed article submitted as the first author in mid-impact factor journal.
Shadowing: 50 hours
Extracurricular Activities: Fundraised for a year in a school club. Not much for this section.

I need some help on the list of schools. (Preferably both for MD and MD/Ph.D.)

Also, as you can see I do not have any non-clinical volunteering hours. I spent most of the hours on research during undergrad. How much non-clinical volunteering hours is important?

Is there any advice or feedback on my application? like what activities should I do more until the application cycle?
Stop doing research/shadowing whatever you need to to get 150-200 hours of underserved non clinical hours before applying. It is a very important part of your application. (Tutoring poor kids, soup kitchen etc.)

I don't think this is accurate advice since they are leaning towards MD/PhD programs.
The post was deleted but I believe it was 4000 hours of research and less than 60 volunteer hours. the difference between 4000 and 5000 research hours will make little difference. however, 60-200 volunteer hours will even for MD/PHD