3.88 cGPA 3.75 sGPA and 27 MCAT with strong ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lionking2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so I am a white female resident of AL. I have no plans of taking the MCAT again this year. Oh and the score settled out to 10-7-10
My ECs are
Mentoring/tutoring- high schoolers and elementary kids, 2 yrs
Research- 1.5 yrs
Shadowing- OBGYN, ortho surgeon, family medicine, psychiatry, ophthalmology for 250+ hours
VP of a student organization that deals with community service- 2 yrs
Study abroad for a summer- also a scholarship for that trip
( strong personal statement about being a marathon runner)

List of schools
Univ Alabama
Univ S Alabama
Univ C Florida
Tulane

I don't know of any other school to add because I want to stay in the south. Is it realistic to think I will get into my state schools based off of my application right now? Or is it unrealistic to think I can get in with that MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad.

Cross Tulane off the list; according to my MSAR, they didn't accept anyone with a 27. However, you're at the bottom of the pack for the two AL schools, so you might have a modicum of luck with them. Ditto the newest FL schools.

Keep in mind that there are DO programs in TN, MS, AL, NC, GA and FL. They're accept you handily.

Alright so I am a white female resident of AL. I have no plans of taking the MCAT again this year. Oh and the score settled out to 10-7-10
My ECs are
Mentoring/tutoring- high schoolers and elementary kids, 2 yrs
Research- 1.5 yrs
Shadowing- OBGYN, ortho surgeon, family medicine, psychiatry, ophthalmology for 250+ hours
VP of a student organization that deals with community service- 2 yrs
Study abroad for a summer- also a scholarship for that trip
( strong personal statement about being a marathon runner)

List of schools
Univ Alabama
Univ S Alabama
Univ C Florida
Tulane

I don't know of any other school to add because I want to stay in the south. Is it realistic to think I will get into my state schools based off of my application right now? Or is it unrealistic to think I can get in with that MCAT score?

Thank you! After speaking with my pre-med advisor I have signed up for the july 13th MCAT.
Back to the books...