3.88 GPA, 3.85 sGPA, 30 MCAT. What are my Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

izzybelle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think my EC's are strong and diverse..let me know what you think though.
-100 hours shadowing
-100+ hospital volunteering (I know, not as high but have other committed experiences too)
-4 yrs in filipino student association (2 yrs on eboard)
-medical brigade to ghana, accepted on Nicaragua brigade for winter 2014.
-2 yrs tutoring disadvantanged youth
-1 yr research--no pubs.
-volunteer at free health clinic for 1 yr
-bio lab TA for 1 yr (would've continued, but schedule conflicts)
-playing cello is my hobby--played at many different occasions/going to london/paris in a week to play with orchestra.

School List (so far):
UIC
Loyola
Rush
Rosalind-Franklin
SIU
University of Wisconsin - Madison

Two out of reach schools...but my MCAT lies within the range, so I figured why not!:
Case Western
Boston University

What do you guys think? I'm disappointed in my MCAT score because I was scoring higher in practice tests, but I don't want to retake and have the score drop...I have test anxiety. I really felt I could maybe attend some really good mid-tier/maybe a few top-tier schools..but my MCAT score kinda depressed me. Are there any other schools I should consider? Please let me know.

Thank-you!

Members don't see this ad.

Do NOT re-take MCAT!

Suggest adding

SLU
Creighton
Drexel
NYMC
Albany
Temple
Jefferson
GWU
Georgetown
Tulane

BU might be doable, but delete Case Western. "reach", I think, is another term for "I'm making a donation to them". You're fine for any DO program, so CCOM is another one to think of, perhaps MarionCOM, MSUCOM and DMU

UIC
Loyola
Rush
Rosalind-Franklin
SIU
University of Wisconsin - Madison

Just curious...maybe because I don't use SDN that much, but what does "making a donation" really mean? I assume it refers to how expensive it is.

Okay I will definitely consider those schools. I'm kinda surprised that Georgetown is on there! I thought that was a top-tier school. Thank-you though!

"Making a donation facetiously means that your application fee is a donation, and nothing else, because you're not that competitive for that school.

I don't have my MSAR handy, but from what I remember, Georgetown has a pretty big range of MCAT scores and GPAs, hence I rank it at low-mid tier. Check out an MSAR to see what I'm talking about.

Don't fret, you'll get in somewhere. Good luck!

Just curious...maybe because I don't use SDN that much, but what does "making a donation" really mean? I assume it refers to how expensive it is.

Okay I will definitely consider those schools. I'm kinda surprised that Georgetown is on there! I thought that was a top-tier school. Thank-you though!