MD & DO 3.9 Gpa MCAT 505 Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreatorT

Reaction score
Non-Trad student
Male
non URM
3.9 cGpa 3.93 sGpa
MCAT: 505
Sociology major.

Applying 2019 cycle

Extracurriculars: 19 years of Martial Arts(blackbelt) , 7 years of powerlifting, Poetry 4 years (won college contest 1st), surfing 8 years, Fine Arts 14 years, Hip Hop dancing 5 years.

Clubs Undergrad: Botany club, Activities (Hiking) Club, Karate Club.

Leadership: Biology(I) TA, Peer mentor (School tutor) for Neuroscience and Biology (I). President of Botany Club and Karate Club.

Nonclinical Volunteer: taught English Abroad to human trafficking victims and help built a school with my team for 12 Days South Asia. Taught English and Built a school in a rural community in south america 12 Days. Spent a summer Volunteering for kids with Special Needs. (not too much I'm afraid.) Want to do Big Brothers and Sisters.

Clinical volenteer: Volunteered at Hospice since last year continuing. Going to start volenteer at a senior home as i want to go into gerontology.

Clinical Work: going to be a CNA.

Shadow: 80 hours gerontologist

Research: Undergrad spent a summer doing Entomology/Enviormental research (out of curiosity), did genetic research postgrad internship for a semester.

RED FLAG: I was in Postbac 3 years: (taking part time pre reqs and taught martial arts privately for cash on the side) I was originally planning for Occupational therapy, had the same pre reqs same as premeds, but switched after ironically after being in Ocuupational therapy for an injury. 505 mcat

Recommendations and Advice more than welcome

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
may apply for NY one one since i lived there for a year already and there is more schools

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your NJ residency:
Your 3 NJ state public schools
Seton Hall
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson