3.90 cGPA, 3.94 sGPA, 520 MCAT, CA resident, ORM Chances/School List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackCusack4

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to be applying this cycle and would like some advice on my chances and what schools I should apply to.

3.90 cGPA, 3.94 sGPA, 520 MCAT (132 C/P, 127 CARS, 131 Bio, 130 P/S)

Research ~500 hours in a Cancer Research lab with a third Author Abstract and potential First Author pub

Volunteering (Non-clinical): ~200 hours spread through Tutoring Refugees, Coaching Youth Basketball, and Tutoring underrepresented minorities

Volunteering (Clinical): ~30 hours as medical scribe in a free clinic, 70 hours volunteering at an Alzheimer's family center, and about 50 hours as a Hospice Volunteer. (Some of these are projected numbers)

Shadowing: Only 8 hours shadowing an ENT (Hoping to get this to 50 hours by June)

EC's: Member of a Sports Club team at my university (3 years), Resident Assistant (1 year), undergraduate TA for multiple upper division biology courses,

Haven't really looked into which schools I'll be applying to but I know I'll be applying to Most of the California Schools (including all UC's).

My main worry is with my EC's which seem pretty weak relative to the average applicant. Also, it seems like I'm not committed to one thing because I have little hours in different areas and I started a lot of these during this past year. I'm also wondering if waiting a year to apply would be a better options as I would have the time to bolster my EC's. I'm open to any school recommendations. Thanks and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you apply broadly with your current stats and EC's you should receive interviews. In addition to the CA schools consider these:
Tufts
Boston University
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Hofstra
Rochester
Cincinnati
Duke
Pitt
Case Western
Washington University