3.91, 513 MCAT, trouble with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vicktrump

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.91 GPA, sGPA of 3.9
MCAT 513 (125,128,130,130)
Volunteer: <160 hrs at two free clinics, week medical mission trip in central america
Shadowing: <120 hrs between 14 doctors
Research: 200-300 hours, co-author on poster
Leadership: Treasurer for fraternity, held exec position for St. Jude's Charity, Pre-health ambassador
Work: TA for Ochem 2 1 semester, tutor 2 semester, CNA at doctors office 1 summer
Eagle Scout
Solid letters and PS

Having trouble with school list: KU, Creighton, VCU, OU, SLU, CU

Members don't see this ad.

The low physical sciences score might cause some problems but if you apply broadly and thoroughly I think you'll be pretty competitive.

What state of residence? Because Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado are not schools to apply to if OOS. Your best shot will be at your state schools.

Invest in MSAR. Take note of the 10th percentile physical sciences scores at schools.

To give you a bit of a start, here are some schools I might give some consideration to. Not an exhaustive list. Again get MSAR asap and spend a bunch of time going through it very closely.

Creighton
State Schools
Oakland
Quinnipac
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
Albany
Wake Forest
Miami
Rosalind
Rochester
Jefferson
Tulane
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
GW
Georgetown

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
State of residence is KS, and thanks!

Lucky for you KU interviews at least half of IS applicants I believe. Your odds will clearly be best there. Missouri-KC might be worth an application as well

I suggest:

U VM

USF Morsani (maybe)

Case (maybe)

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Albert Einstein

Rochester

Rush

Rosy Franklin

BU

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Emory

USC/Keck

Tulane

Loyola

Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.

Your state school(s).

Any DO program

I have a 3.91 GPA, sGPA of 3.9
MCAT 513 (125,128,130,130)
Volunteer: <160 hrs at two free clinics, week medical mission trip in central america
Shadowing: <120 hrs between 14 doctors
Research: 200-300 hours, co-author on poster
Leadership: Treasurer for fraternity, held exec position for St. Jude's Charity, Pre-health ambassador
Work: TA for Ochem 2 1 semester, tutor 2 semester, CNA at doctors office 1 summer
Eagle Scout
Solid letters and PS

Having trouble with school list: KU, Creighton, VCU, OU, SLU, CU

Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools.

Is that because those schools don't have a solid reputation yet? Or is there another reason? Just curious.

Is that because those schools don't have a solid reputation yet? Or is there another reason? Just curious.

Too competitive OOS unless you are a top applicant or have ties to the region or some other hook

Reactions: 1 user