3.91 cGPA, 3.81 sGPA MCAT 524 School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anon13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need help creating my school list. I have solid stats but my ECs are not amazing so I'm not sure about applying to top schools.

cGPA: 3.91
sGPA: 3.81
MCAT: 524

Clinical:
-Shadowed two doctors for about 40 hours each.
-Patient visitor at a hospital (basically I go around and talk to the patients and their families, see how their stay is, do activities with them, etc.). Been doing this since high school- about 300 hours
-Counselor at a mental health hotline (idk if this counts as clinical or just regular volunteering) for 2 years during school- take phone calls as well as walk ins

Research:
-Been doing research as part of a student run team since freshman year (currently I am a rising senior). Have a poster presentation and a conference presentation but both were within our school.

Volunteering:
-Volunteer at a soup kitchen for the past 2 years

Misc: on the Honor Council, TA a class

Any advice? School list?

So far, I have:
Harvard
Yale
Columbia
Cornell
NYU
Mt. Sinai
Hofstra
NYMC
Jefferson
Drexel
GW
Georgetown
Hopkins
VCU
Penn State
my state schools

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

*bump*

I'm not trying to be a neurotic douche bag but my advisor told me to only look at middle tier schools and below (this was before I got my MCAT score). I was hoping I could get more guidance from here now with my MCAT score factored in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

*bump*

I'm not trying to be a neurotic douche bag but my advisor told me to only look at middle tier schools and below (this was before I got my MCAT score). I was hoping I could get more guidance from here now with my MCAT score factored in.

I would add WashU in St Louis and Vandy as well, consider any reach you want. The low tier schools (Drexel, GW, NYMC, etc) are unlikely to interview you unless you have some sort of apparent tie.

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate the response! Do you think I should mostly apply to schools that care about stats more? I feel like I'm in that awkward zone where certain schools will deny me to yield protect but top schools won't be friendly because of my ECs.

It looks like you're trying to stay around the northeast, so consider adding Pitt, Case Western, Dartmouth, Rochester. Your stats are fine for any school, so it's up to you to make your ECs sound as compelling as possible