3.92c gpa 519 MCAT school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jcasti

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a black and Hispanic UT Austin grad and Texas resident.

GPA: 3.92c 3.84s
MCAT: 519 (126 chem/131/131/131)
-I graduated in May 2016 and have been working as a full-time scribe in the ER during my gap year (about 1,000 hours so far).
-Studied abroad in Guatemala for a summer and volunteered teaching children English
-was Vice President of psych organization for two years
-about 100 hours of non-clinical volunteering in total including various activities with organizations (including visiting psych hospital regularly and other volunteer events centered around mental health awareness)
-limited research experience; about 90 hours coding in a food disorder lab
-also did about 60 hours of shadowing in an urgent care

I have narrowed the list down, but would appreciate any and all feedback about which to remove or add. I'm trying to apply to 12 at the most, maybe 10 due to cost.

Paul F Foster
University of Texas Medical Branch
UT Southwestern
McGovern medical school
Emory
Mercer
Ohio State
Tulane
Uniformed Services
University of Iowa
Chapel Hill
Wake Forrest

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats and URM status make you essentially competitive anywhere, and that includes the likes of Harvard from an academic standpoint.

You also have strong clinical experience, the only thing that could potentially hold you back is lack of research but I think thahave even that won't be an issue given your high MCAT.

Hopefully more seasoned posters chime in, congrats on your success in school and on the MCAT though! :) I think you will have a very successful cycle!