3.93 cGPA, 3.93 sGPA, 520 MCAT - help with school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spruce334

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some thoughts on my tentative school list.

cGPA: 3.93
sGPA: 3.93
MCAT: 520, fairly evenly distributed
Undergrad institution: HYP
Major in a humanities discipline
Awards: Phi Beta Kappa

Ethnicity: white
I'm from a state with no medical school (WWAMI region)

Clinical volunteer experience: ~500 hours; director of a large hospital volunteering program
Research: 3 years of research in a psych lab; 2 publications, one of which is in an undergrad journal.
Shadowing: 40 hours from high school and about 60-70 more hours from undergrad. Several different specialties.

Other extracurriculars/work experience (leaving some things vague to protect anonymity):
-VP of a student organization; have a decent amount of competitive success with this group
-Worked as a pre-med advisor for 2 years
-Volunteer at a local middle school for 2 years
-Organized a large undergrad research conference
-Dance team for 2 years

I will taking one gap year and participating in an AmeriCorps program.

Tentative list of schools:
Yale
Columbia
Cornell
NYU
Mount Sinai
Einstein
Harvard
Boston University
Brown
University of Pennsylvania
Temple
Hopkins
Georgetown
University of Chicago
Northwestern
Rush
Stanford
UCSF
University of Washington
Oregon Health and Science University

Any thoughts/feedback on this list would be appreciated. My advisor told me she thinks it's solid, but my impression is that it may be a little top-heavy.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're fine, honestly. Assuming you have decent essays/letters, I feel fairly certain that you'll get interviews at a few of those schools. I have similar stats and wish I'd been a little more confident in my application and applied to fewer schools.

Yep you're fine. Enjoy the cycle but don't place all your hopes in 1-2 particular schools.