3.93 cGPA, 4.0 sGPA. 504 MCAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h8236

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I swore I would never post one of these, and read others' instead. But here I am. :p

3.93 cGPA (I did the post-secondary option all 4 years of high school, which is the only thing dragging my GPA down- 4.0 post highschool)
4.0 sGPA
504 MCAT 124 :( / 126 / 128 / 126
Chemistry and Biology double major
Extremely small university without traditional PI/lab research opportunities. I did a summer research program that resulted in 400 hours of biochem research, plus a few directed studies projects at my school.
Only about 40 hours volunteering, 30 hours shadowing.
Work 24 hrs/week as a reference librarian associate, 8 hrs/week tutoring
Not much leadership (my school doesn't really do clubs! aka we have about 6 science majors. :p )
4H member - live on a farm, show horses, raise crops
From Southern Ohio, practically northern WV. Extremely rural.
Female, Cauc.

Thanks for any and all input!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying this year? If so you need to submit your application in the next week and submit all your secondaries by September. For MD schools you have a chance for an interview at these schools:
NEOMED
Wright State
Toledo
West Virginia
Marshall
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Your excellent GPA should help you
It would be a good strategy to apply to at least 6 DO schools and you have MU-COM, OU-HCOM, UP-KYCOM, WVSOM in your region. Some schools require a DO LOR.

Faha, thank you for the feedback! Working on the primary. I've been battling with my personal statement for months!!
Best of luck to you and whatever you're up to! :)