MD 3.93 GPA 514 MCAT CANADIAN, Chances/School list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canadianeh95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The fact that I am a Canadian applicant is confusing me for what schools I should be applying to.
Just submitted my entire app (June 22) and my letters/transcript has already been received since I submitted those long ago.
So far I have
NYU
Harvard
Yale
Stanford
Dartmouth
Sinai
Northwestern
Columbia
Boston
Case Western
Johns Hopkins
Virginia
Cornell

Members don't see this ad.

I hope you have some amazing ECs, rec letters, and essays...otherwise, your list is a bit, err...ambitious.

If I were you, I'd double your number of schools, adding only mid-tiers to try to balance it out.

Buy the MSAR.

There are 57 MD schools that consider internationals.
Eliminate all of them that matriculated less than 4 (e.g. Stanford).
Eliminate the mission-based schools unless you fit the mission.
Identify the remaining ones where the median MCAT is near yours (about 33 in your case).
If there is an insufficient number, consider a DO application as well.

You will notice that only Dartmouth and VA on your current list would be close to this MCAT range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It probably sounds funny that I made this list AFTER having bought MSAR. I was going to apply to schools in my mcat range, but then I saw most of them accept like 2 internationals, which led me to think I might have a better chance at the private schools.
Kinda makes me sad I'm not much of the contender for the top ones. But I needed to hear it eventually, thanks for the honesty.
Added
Albert Einstein
Emory
Kentucky
St. Louis
Tulane
Pitts
UCLA (surprisingly accepted 7 internationals)