3.94 and 24 Dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

russ7272

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: When the application opens
Overall GPA:
Science GPA:
3.9…
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
24 AA, 22 PAT, 23 TS
State of Residence: Washington
Shadowing Experience: Will have about 150 hours, 7-8 dentists shadowed but only 3 for long periods of time

Volunteering Experience: Will have about 200. Food banks, animal shelter, etc…

Employment: Work as a building monitor at my school
Research: Currently in research with chemistry faculty
Other Extracurriculars: 1 year of college football, participant in pre-health professions club
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list each year of college. (Not really sure what else only in my junior year)
LOR type and strength:
Will be asking teachers in coming months
School list:

Uw, Stony Brook, UNC, Uconn, Ucsf, Colorado, Maryland, Creighton, Marquette, Michigan, All Texas schools (Might as well try).

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: When the application opens
Overall GPA: 3.94
Science GPA: 3.9…
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 24 AA, 22 PAT, 23 TS
State of Residence: Washington
Shadowing Experience: Will have about 150 hours, 7-8 dentists shadowed but only 3 for long periods of time

Volunteering Experience: Will have about 200. Food banks, animal shelter, etc…

Employment: Work as a building monitor at my school
Research: Currently in research with chemistry faculty
Other Extracurriculars: 1 year of college football, participant in pre-health professions club
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list each year of college. (Not really sure what else only in my junior year)
LOR type and strength: Will be asking teachers in coming months
School list:

Uw, Stony Brook, UNC, Uconn, Ucsf, Colorado, Maryland, Creighton, Marquette, Michigan, All Texas schools (Might as well try).
list is top heavy, but so are your stats :)

Your stats are great and your school list is pretty good. I am honestly just confused why you would even bother applying to the Texas schools. Do you just really want to live in Texas? You could just replace these schools with other great state schools that you might have a better chance at like ucla, Ohio state, pitt, Rutgers, etc. I also think applying to about 9 schools would be plenty for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to agree with BMH here, your stats are amazing, but Texas schools heavily favor in-state students. I would look into replacing them with the Cali schools or others on the East Coast, unless you’re set on wanting to possibly live in Texas.

I have to agree with BMH here, your stats are amazing, but Texas schools heavily favor in-state students. I would look into replacing them with the Cali schools or others on the East Coast, unless you’re set on wanting to possibly live in Texas.
@BMH500 I could add some of those schools in as well. I'm honestly not planning on getting into the Texas schools, I just believe the Texas schools are worth applying due to how cheap they are.

@BMH500 I could add some of those schools in as well. I'm honestly not planning on getting into the Texas schools, I just believe the Texas schools are worth applying due to how cheap they are.
I mean yes they are cheaper, but my guess is that you have just as good of odds of getting into other state schools with a 10k a year scholarship (that would make it very similar) as you do to get into one of the Texas schools. Definitely do what you want and think is best but remember each application is going to come with an extra cost and work. Also, if interviews are in person next year keep in mind you will have to pay for travel. Just for some comparison for you I only applied to 9 schools with stats lower than yours and it worked out fine. I would really suggest just picking your top 7-11 schools and keeping it to that.

Reactions: 1 user
Your stats are great and your school list is pretty good. I am honestly just confused why you would even bother applying to the Texas schools. Do you just really want to live in Texas? You could just replace these schools with other great state schools that you might have a better chance at like ucla, Ohio state, pitt, Rutgers, etc. I also think applying to about 9 schools would be plenty for you.
I actually recommend applying to the Texas schools. If you use their app service (TMDSAS), it’s only $180 to apply to all 4 schools.
I applied this cycle as an OOS and somehow got accepted to one of them. My stats were similar to yours so why not just try.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually recommend applying to the Texas schools. If you use their app service (TMDSAS), it’s only $180 to apply to all 4 schools.
I applied this cycle as an OOS and somehow got accepted to one of them. My stats were similar to yours so why not just try.
I didn’t realize it was so cheap to apply to the Texas schools! Then sure, why not go for it. You would still probably want to apply to like 7 other schools at least though since Texas schools out of state are a reach.

Reactions: 1 user